lynx-dev Problems making Lynx libraries using Borland C++

From: Wayne Garman
Subject: lynx-dev Problems making Lynx libraries using Borland C++
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:15:11 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to use Borland C++ (version 4.52) to build Lynx.  According to the Lynx build directions for Borland C++, the first thing I need to do is make the zlib and pdcurses libraries.  On the internet I find that each already has Windows32 binaries available to download.  But I don't know which compiler was used, or if there could be a compatibility problem so I download the sources and build each library anyway.  But the sizes of the libraries that I generate is different than the sizes of the libraries that I downloaded as binaries.  Worse yet, building the pdcurses library generates many warnings.

    Wouldn't it be possible and preferrable to have binary versions of these libraries available for download that are known to work well when constructing Lynx using Borland C++?  If anyone has versions they know work please send them to me.  I would also welcome advice.

-- Wayne German
address@hidden