Re: lynx-dev Problems making Lynx libraries using Borland C++

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems making Lynx libraries using Borland C++
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:12:32 -0500

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 05:15:11PM -0800, Wayne Garman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Borland C++ (version 4.52) to build Lynx.  According to
> the Lynx build directions for Borland C++, the first thing I need to do is
> make the zlib and pdcurses libraries.  On the internet I find that each
> already has Windows32 binaries available to download.  But I don't know which
> compiler was used, or if there could be a compatibility problem so I download
> the sources and build each library anyway.  But the sizes of the libraries
> that I generate is different than the sizes of the libraries that I
> downloaded as binaries.  Worse yet, building the pdcurses library generates
> many warnings.

I don't have a make-log for those with Borland C++ (used 5.5 iirc).
But if there were many warnings, I would have saved the log, for reference.

> Wouldn't it be possible and preferrable to have binary versions of these
> libraries available for download that are known to work well when
> constructing Lynx using Borland C++?  If anyone has versions they know work
> please send them to me.  I would also welcome advice.

not necessarily - they may not all be compiled with the same options.
Lynx is compiled with multithreading, while zlib and pdcurses normally
are not.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net