Re: lynx-dev What was the directory structure when building Linx for Win

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What was the directory structure when building Linx for Win32?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:23:42 -0500

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:59:44PM -0800, Wayne Garman wrote:

> What was the directory structure when building Lynx for Win32 using Borland
> C++?  Based upon the error messages I get when invoking makew32.bat, zlib is
> supposed to be in a directory called CURSES.  But I do not see where CURSES
> is supposed to go.  I think that I've tried every combination that seems
> reasonable.  I must be doing something wrong.

curses goes at the same directory level as the lynx directory (../curses).

> Would you please send me the directory structure and directory names that you
> used, and would you tell me where these additional files are supposed to go?
>
> Also, lines 23 and 95 in makefile.bcb have back-slashes "\".  Shouldn't these
> be forward-slashes "/"?

it looks odd, but the compiler and make programs accept either.

you seem to be looking at an older source (line numbers are a little off)

The current version of lynx is 2.8.4

It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.4