Re: lynx-dev Getting a document title.

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Getting a document title.
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:15:19 +0900 (JST)

> > > I have a routine to change the window title in OS/2.
> > > In which source file could I plug it to, when a new document is loaded,
> > > set its title in my switchlist.
> >
> > I think LYGetFile.c is a good place to start (I'm not sure where, but
> > that's where the document is loaded).  There are also a number of utility
> > functions in GridText.c which return various pieces of information about
> > the currently-loaded document.
> >
> If you find a good place for such stuff, let me know.  I've long wanted
> Lynx to set the same environment variables as metamail before exec()ing

If by "title" you mean the information within the <title> tag of an html
document, then it might make sense to tie your added functionality to the
source cache (which is already easily configured out for people who only
want speed out of Lynx).  It should be pretty straight forward to parse
the source cache to pick up a single string.

(Very different story from getting environment variables which may or may
not be reliably provided by the server.)

__Henry