Re: lynx-dev Set-cookie requests omitting "GMT" from 'expires'

From: David Mosher
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Set-cookie requests omitting "GMT" from 'expires'
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:29:27 -0500

As of Thu 29 Nov 21:49 UTC, the problem noted in my message of Fri 23 Nov
2001 00:58 UTC (a missing "GMT" in the "expires" field of some Set-cookie
requests) has been corrected at the New York Times (NYT) site.  Login at
<http://www.nytimes.com/> now works as expected.

I received an acknowledgment from NYT Customer Service,
<mailto:address@hidden>, earlier this week indicating the problem report
was being forwarded to their "tech folks".  I've yet to hear from those
folks directly (and probably won't), so I don't know if the missing "GMT"
was an error in a script they had written themselves or if it was caused by
some packaged software they are/were using, in which case the problem would
almost certainly reappear elsewhere.  In any case, it's something to be on
the lookout for.

--
David Mosher  <address@hidden>