Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3rel SSL problems -traces inlcuded

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3rel SSL problems -traces inlcuded
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:58:44 -0800

On or about 30 Nov, 2001, Mike Castle
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:33:15PM -0500, Larry W. Virden
> wrote:
> > Did you use https to log into https://mail.yahoo.com/ ?
> > Because I just went to the above link, filled in my login and
> > password, and the attempt failed.
> >
> > Then I did the same thing using netscape and it worked just
> > fine...
>
> Ayup.
>
> However, I just paid attention to the subject: here.  I'm
> using:
>
> Lynx 2.8.5dev.3
>
> Also using OpenSSL 0.9.6b, if that matters.
>
> Sure didn't accidently turn cookies off?

   [...]

"FORCE_SSL_COOKIES_SECURE:TRUE" keeps me from logging in via the
https:// route.  When you get routed from the https:// login to the
http:// mail page, it doesn't know what to do with the secure
cookie.  I'm guessing, anyway.  I'd always just left it set TRUE
(more secure is better, right?), until I recently had the same
problem with another site, and stumbled on why.

Anyway, with dev2, and:

FORCE_SSL_COOKIES_SECURE:FALSE
ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:FALSE
COOKIE_ACCEPT_DOMAINS:.mail.yahoo.com,mail.yahoo.com
#COOKIE_REJECT_DOMAINS:
COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS:mail.yahoo.com,.mail.yahoo.com,groups.yahoo.com
#COOKIE_STRICT_INVALID_DOMAINS:
#COOKIE_QUERY_INVALID_DOMAINS:
PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE
#SET_COOKIES:TRUE
   [Note: SET_COOKIES is what is toggled by -cookies.  When you
   used "lynx -cookies" (in another message), you just turned
   them off]
#ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:FALSE
PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE

I have no problem with yahoo's secure login.  I just noticed a
couple of those settings (ACCEPT & LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS) are
redundant, but what the hey.

I think I'll go compile the new version, now :)

--
Michael Warner       | Procrastinate now.
<address@hidden> |