Re: lynx-dev lynx error loading page

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx error loading page
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:57:09 -0500

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:05:18PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> I am running lynx on NetBSD-1.5 and am seeing the following error:
>
> > http://www.waiter.com/cgi-bin/SCMMOS/GetRestaurant.cgi?AMICISD4
>
> The above URL works correctly in lynx with both
> 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 -- if you do it directly from the
> command line.  However, if you start from
> http://www.waiter.com/amicis/amicis4.location.html
> and select "Delivery Menu", you get a blank page with 2.8.4, but it
> works correctly with 2.8.3
> -- Felicia

The page contains a url with an embedded newline, which is a bug fixed
in 2.8.5dev.4 (and should have been in the bugfixes under the 2.8.4 release
page - I've a few of those to put together for a third bugfix patch):

Menu</FONT></B></A> (20 minutes)
<P></P><A HREF="/cgi-bin/SCMMOS/GetRestaurant.cgi?AMICISD
4"><B><FONT
SIZE="+1" COLOR="#FF0000">Delivery Menu</FONT></B></A>

The changelog entry for the fix:

* modify LYLegitimizeHREF() change from 2.8.4dev.21 to eliminate newlines from
  the HREF rather than converting them to spaces.  This fixes a problem with
  www.ebay.com which splits up HREFs with newlines.  Changing the newlines to
  spaces made the HREF no longer match, e.g., when it was built up from
  a CGI script (report by Morten Bo Johansen) -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net