Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 05:58:18 -0500

020102 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:00:03AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
>> i installed 2-8-5dev.6 to test for the image-viewing bug,
>> which didn't appear in  c 12  image-viewings with Kview,
>> BUT there's a much worse problem: `123g' or similar crash Lynx.
>> this occurred on the Yahoo news site with eg `75g' & other link numbers.
> it's not breaking when I do this
> perhaps more precise directions will point me there.

just retested: i start Lynx 2-8-5dev.6 , goto  http://www.thestar.com/news ,
enter `v' when asked to accept a cookie,
enter `10g' to follow numbered link [10] `Ontario' & i get (edited a bit):

  A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.5dev.6
  Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug,
  and if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.
  Bug reports should have concise descriptions of the command
  and/or URL which causes the problem,
  the operating system name with version number,
  the TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.
  Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.
  Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
  Aborted

this happens whenever i try to follow a link with a number + `g':
it's ok when i simply enter the number or a number + `p';
it also happens when i test with a local directory by `lynx .'.

OS is Mandrake Linux 6.2 , desktop is KDE 1.1.1 ; Lynx configured with:

  ./configure --with-screen=ncurses --disable-menu-options
  --enable-default-colors --enable-prettysrc --enable-read-eta
  --enable-source-cache --enable-externs --enable-cgi-links
  --enable-nsl-fork --disable-persistent-cookies --enable-gzip-help
  --disable-finger --disable-gopher --disable-dired --disable-long-list
  --with-x