Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:53:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Philip Webb wrote:

> 020102 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Philip Webb wrote:
> >> i installed 2-8-5dev.6 to test for the image-viewing bug,
> >> BUT there's a much worse problem: `123g' or similar crash Lynx.
> >> just retested: i start Lynx 2-8-5dev.6 , goto  http://www.thestar.com/news
> >> ,
> >> enter `v' when asked to accept a cookie,
> >> enter `10g' to follow numbered link [10] `Ontario' & i get (edited a bit):
> > switching platforms, I can see this breaking on the win32 port (for
> > whatever reason it didn't break when I tried on Linux - will look/see).
>
> Lynx 2-8-5dev.5 does not show the 123g bug, so it's the latest version.
>
> re the image bug, i had 1 failure earlier today with 2-8-4dev.19 ,
> but on restarting Lynx was able to get the image at a 2nd try.
> it has to be something which varies with Lynx invocations,
> eg handling a slow or problematic connection (tho' i use broadband)
> or handling the randomly generated temporary directory/file names.

I get intermittent problems with remote retrieval from different browsers
(unless it's repeatable, it's hard to pinpoint lynx as the culprit).

> i'll stick with dev.5 now i've installed it,
> so tomorrow's newspaper session will test its image capabilities.

for the moment, I'm assuming the 'g' problem was introduced by the
multiline highlighting changes (which I'd like to get stable before
doing much else that's complicated).

> BTW `make install-full' sb mentioned in INSTALLATION.

ok (install-help is).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net