Re: lynx-dev Re: Another FTP site "incompatible" with Lynx's FTP_PASSIVE

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Another FTP site "incompatible" with Lynx's FTP_PASSIVE:TRUE
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:44:11 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 05:31:04AM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> Well, here's another FTP site that doesn't work with
> FTP_PASSIVE:TRUE
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/
>
> It worked with LFTP.
>
> BTW, I didn't send my last report to the LFTP author because
> it worked with 'set ftp:auto-sync-mode "icrosoft FTP Service"'
>
> Also, is there any way to make the same Lynx session create a
> new Lynx.trace after the first is manually removed ?

probably not directly.  You could do a subshell, and
        cp ~/Lynx.trace ~/Lynx.trace-1
        cat >~/Lynx.trace
        ^D
(that is, truncate the file).  I suppose it would be better to have Lynx
close the trace when you toggle tracing off, so it would automatically
open a new file when toggling on.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net