Re: lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:03:25 +0900 (JST)

> What do I put in the "hidden" input tag(s), and what gets sent
> to the server when the user clicks on the "Preview" button or on the
> "Download" button.  (And how would you code the Japanese version of

I'm out of my league, but I wouldn't use two submit tags.  I'd probably
use a radio button for the person to select whether they want to "Preview"
or "Download", and then have only one submit button to make the "request."
Yes, it means you have to click twice, once for the choice, and once to
select.  The other way I might do it would be to pair "what" with "how",
i.e., LynxNow.pdf-preview, LynxNow.pdf-download, or LynxWas.pdf-preview,
LynxWas.pdf-download, but still with one submit button.

> to the server from the text appearing at the browser.  I recognize that
> I could do this by making "Preview" and "Download" Options in YA
> separate Select list and providing a single Submit button, but this
> seems cumbersome for the user compared with having two distinct

Sorry I couldn't help.

__Henry