lynx-dev config.guess is obsolete?

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev config.guess is obsolete?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:15:22 +0900

Hi all,

I maintain lynx-cur for Debian and got recently a bug report
that lynx failed to be compiled in mips as follows;

> > /bin/uname -X     =
> >
> > hostinfo               =
> > /bin/universe          =
> > /usr/bin/arch -k       =
> > /bin/arch              = mips
> > /usr/bin/oslevel       =
> > /usr/convex/getsysinfo =
> >
> > UNAME_MACHINE = mips
> > UNAME_RELEASE = 2.4.16
> > UNAME_SYSTEM  = Linux
> > UNAME_VERSION = #6 Thu Dec 13 17:45:25 CET 2001
> > configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one
> > make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

and the reporter said that

> lynx-cur uses the broken config.guess from 2001-12-13, which does not work
> on mips.  The current version in autotools-dev does work, along with any
> version from upstream in 2002.

I don't know that you already got this information or not
but, for safety, I forwarded this to this lists.

Best regards,                2002.1.27

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.