Re: lynx-dev Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:12:54 -0500

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:27:44AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > % uname -rs
> > NetBSD 1.4.3_ALPHA
> >
> > Anyway, how do I force Lynx to compile with static libraries, just remove
>
> Okay, so what I did is make a temporary directory, and move the shared
> libraries in there until the Lynx compile finished.  While it works, it's
> pretty clumsy since I have to move those shared libraries back so other
> applications that need them to run have them where expected.
>
> How about the other way, i.e., getting shared libraries (or only the
> shared libintl?) to work for Lynx.  Is there anyone familiar enough with
> NetBSD to give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong.

There's probably a symbol in another shared library which conflicts with
the libintl (the loader used on the BSD's is mildly-broken in this respect -
it has some other quirks which make it hard to write reliable configure
scripts, and is the source of about half the problems I see reported for
libraries such as ncurses in the ports).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net