Re: lynx-dev problem with highlighting Japanese string

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with highlighting Japanese string
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:29:33 +0900

From: Hataguchi Takeshi <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:11:22 +0900 (JST)

> 2-8-4dev.7 seems to have a problem with highlighting Japanese string.

This seems 2-8-5dev.7 perhaps.

> I attach a sample file, with which the problem occurs.  All of the
> string in the link should be highlighted, but the latter half of the
> third line wouldn't be highlighted with D.C.S is Japanese(Shift_JIS).

In my Debian system, the behavior seems to be a bit different;
it was hilighted but caused "mojibake" on the third line.
D.C.S is Japanese(EUC-JP)

If I press "u" key, then the latter half of the third line was
displayed with correct characters but was not highlighted.
(But "mojibake" still remains in the former half of the third line)

> Probably this patch will fix it.

I tested this and it seems to work fine.

Best regards,                      2002.2.8

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.