Re: lynx-dev Lynx - Sound, Mail and Fury!

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx - Sound, Mail and Fury!
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:21:57 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, David J Ring Jr wrote:

> I've seen such instructions around - but the files that begin with a period
> are
> for Unix - and not for Windows.

The mailcap and mime.types files can also be used in Windows. The names
may have been changed at compilation, so the ".mailcap" file may be
called "_mailcap" or "mailcap". Which binary are you trying to use?

> I wonder if anyone would be so kind to illuminate me to how I can do the same
> thing as specifying a mime type in the Windows version of Lynx?

I suspect that you really want is the mailcap entry. Let us know exactly
which program you want to use for which types of files.

> I think it would be wonderful to have Lynx incorporate a very simple mailer
> client - and a sound player that would activate when you selected a sound
> link.

See the section in lynx.cfg called "EXTERNALS". This may be what you
want.

                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman