Re: lynx-dev dump without numbers

From: Miles O'Neal
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dump without numbers
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:01:25 -0600 (CST)

Al Gilman said...

|Did you test with the command line switch
|
|lynx -dump -number_links:off

Not before, but that doesn't seem to work with the
2.8.4 that I have.

|?  -- or any of the variations on that found in
|
| http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html
|
|I thought the command line arguments were supposed to supercede .lynxrc values.
|
|Otherwise you can set the HOME environment variable to some directory where
the .lynxrc in that context has the other setting (in a script before you
invoke Lynx).

I want something that's a basic command line
argument, simple and easy, no messing with
config files necessary. 8^)  If folks want to
mess with config files, fine, but a lot of
times, you just want it to work right now
from the command line.  At least, I do, and
I know others who feel the same way.

|Try that before you get too deep in the source.

I've already got the command line changes done.
Looking at config files now.  I'll look through
that doc again before submitting, though.

Thanks,
Miles