Re: lynx-dev dump without numbers

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dump without numbers
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:16:49 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

>Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:56:06 -0500 (EST)
>From: Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev dump without numbers
>
>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Al Gilman wrote:
>
>>  http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html
>>
>> I thought the command line arguments were supposed to supercede .lynxrc
>> values.
>>
>> Otherwise you can set the HOME environment variable to some directory
>> where the .lynxrc in that context has the other setting (in a script
>> before you invoke Lynx).
>
>There's a sample script (2.8.5dev.3, iirc) named lynxdump which does this.

Maybe I'm zoning out..  but I have links numbered when I'm running
normally, but my dump output ISN'T having links numbered..

e.g.
/usr/local/bin/lynx -crawl -useragent=Lynx -nolist -dump
http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief

is NOT showing numbers..   I did run that interactively, btw, I thought
maybe it was because it was running under cron (I have that run every
weekday at 3pm and mail it to me)... but it works interactively too.

something there is turning off numbers.