Re: lynx-dev another problem with highlighting

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev another problem with highlighting
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:43:44 +0900

From: Hataguchi Takeshi <address@hidden>
Subject: lynx-dev another problem with highlighting
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:40:46 +0900 (JST)

> 2-8-4dev.7 seems to have another problem with highlighting.
>
> I attached two example files.
>
> <bar.htm>
>   - All 'a' should be highlighted.  But the last 'a' wouldn't.
>
> <bar-ja.htm>
>   - All Japanes characters should be highlighted.  But the last one
>     wouldn't and Lynx showed wrong character, which wasn't expected
>     there.

I am not so sure but, as far as I tested the above files,
it seems there is no problem.

>     see: http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/fig5.png
>          Two characters, which are surrounded by red circres, are the
>          same character.  But the latter is shown in wrong shape.

Compared with this screenshot, the character before "b"
was displayed on the first line in my case and was displayed
correctly and with highlighting.

> I tested these versions of Lynx and got same results.
>   - Lynx2-8-5dev.2
>   - Lynx2-8-5dev.7
>   - Lynx2-8-5dev.7 with a patch I posted on 7 Feb 2002.

I tested with Lynx2-8-5dev.7 with a patch you posted on 7
Feb 2002 and also I tested with 2.8.4rel.1

My system is Debian/woody and kterm is of 6.2.0 and ncurses
library is (perhaps) of 5.2.20020112a

But Lynx 2.8.4rel.1 was tested with ncurses library of 5.0

Best regards,                   2002.2.20

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.