Re: lynx-dev Lynx for Windows through America Online

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx for Windows through America Online
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:08:26 -0500

It sounds like Dial-Up Networking is not available.  I have seen some
other software which could communicate directly through a modem
without using DUN, but you should be having problems with generic
e-mail, FTP or web programs if Lynx isn't working.  I don't know what
to suggest.

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:54:36 -0600, Fiber McGee wrote:

>Forwarded message from <address@hidden>:
>
>>I really need help.  I had Lynx working with AOL, but somehow messed it up.
>>I uninstalled AOL 7.0, tried to reinstall it, and the CD installed version
>>4.0, which
>>seems less buggy, but Lynx still isn't working.
>>Only http and ftp used to work (not nntp, telnet, etc.), but now all I can
>>access
>>are files on my own hard drive.
>>Can you give me an idea where to start looking for help?
>>AOL tech support is useless.
>>
>>--
>>Marshall Price
>>address@hidden

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <address@hidden> <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <address@hidden>         <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>