Re: lynx-dev NetBSD 1.5.2 bug

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev NetBSD 1.5.2 bug
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:00:58 -0500

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:13:25PM -0600, Fiber McGee wrote:
> Forwarded message from "Chase Velharticky" <address@hidden>:
>
> >Today I downloaded and compiled lynx 2.8.4 onto my NetBSD1.5.2 system, it
> >compiled everything alright and started perfectly, the problems started
> >happening whenever I exited it, I hit Q and then came upon the shell, which
> >i noticed wasn't showing what I was typing, so I hit enter to see what would
> >happen, and it executed the command I had typed, so I tried to type again,
> >and it still wasn't showing what I was typing I then logged out and logged
> >back in and it fixed itself, and then when I started and exited lynx again
> >it did the whole, no see text thing again. I don't know if you aware of this
> >or not so I decided to report it, also if this helps any, I recently
> >switched my shell from csh to bash.

that's probably a bug in the NetBSD curses (I've gotten a couple of reports
that indicate that the newer version doesn't work as well as the 1.4 that
I developed against - including this particular problem).

quick solution: install ncurses, build with that.
slow solution: file bug reports against NetBSD curses...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net