Re: lynx-dev Lynx on Windows XP

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:05:23 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi. I read a message on the list about running Lynx on
> Windows XP, but I need more information. I'll install it on a
> dual-boot machine with Linux and don't want IE and such.

I would advise against connecting any vaguely recent version of
Windows to the internet without IE installed.  Without IE, I think
you will find it difficult or impossible to use Windows Update, which
you will need to do every week, or more frequently, to keep up to
date with security fixes (MS euphemism: Critical Updates).  Although
a lot of security problems involve IE, not all do.