Re: lynx-dev Wishlist item: semi-persistent session cookies

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Wishlist item: semi-persistent session cookies
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:43:35 -0500

At 07:30 PM 2002-03-02 , David Combs wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 10:27:51AM -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
>>
>> This is callability engineering not beyond what Lynx could absorb.
>>
>> Al
>
>What is "callability engineering"?

Making the tool available in a form which can conveniently be called from other
programs.

It does mean violating what Fote always said about "Lynx is not a file viewer."
 I can get Eudora to call Lynx to process HTML in MIME if the disposition says
"attatchment" but if it says "Disposition: inline" I can't get Eudora to use
Lynx for that.  <frown/>  Pardon my neoColloquialism.  If Lynx were to publish
a DLL interface and not just a DOS command line interface we might turn that
around.

That sort of thing.  IE the component vs. IE the Ap.

Ah -- I found it: componentization.  Google that.

But check out the Common Component Architecture, not the branded strains.

Al