Re: lynx-dev Re: another thought about Javascripty

From: Miles O'Neal
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: another thought about Javascripty
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:11:09 -0600 (CST)

A. R. Vener said...

|Would it be possible to resolve the problem of Javascript on the
|server side? That is design a filter to map some of the
|more obvious excesses of Javascript into HTML compliant artifacts and

This could be pretty hairy.  IT's like trying
to keep up with the spammers.  As soon as you
close one hole, someone comes up with something
new.  To be very robust would be a huge server
hit - and you couldn't convince most of 'em it's
worth it.

In fact, the mentality of many of thee sites
is a *lot* like spammers.  "Hey, I have a right
to do this any way IO like, and the best part
is, all the computer effort is on their end!"

|scrub the rest. If this could be built into apache and other web servers
|so that it is activated by somea well defined variable, it might
|help to alleviate the problem and make some of the links now hidden
|behind javascript accessible.
|
|This would still let the JS lovers have their little whizz-bangs while
|allowing non JS browsers to access the content.

-Miles