Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support? (fwd)

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support? (fwd)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:40:40 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Miles O'Neal wrote:

>Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:29:19 -0600 (CST)
>From: Miles O'Neal <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
>
>Philip Webb said...
>
>|otherwise, i've been trying out Opera 6.0 (free with ads),
>|which is much better than 5.0 & should be good for blind users,
>|as all commands have keystroke equivalents which are user-configurable.
>|
>|even so, i still find Lynx much faster for my daily read of the news:
>|no images to distract (unless you grab them deliberately),
>|fast movement within & between documents
>
>If you turn off images in Opera 6 (File -> Preferences -> Multimedia)
>it's as fast as lynx on a decent system, and still
>handles frames.

well, links handles frames.  Is it faster than links?

I've tried a few Opera betas for OSX - it crashes simply trying to import
bookmarks. (from icab).  So even if I'm doing something wrong, it should
know that, and not crash on me.. (yes I have sent in bug reports with
crash logs EVERY time)

plus, iCab is faster for the sites I tried.