Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:29:12 -0800 (PST)

On 7 Mar 2002, Kirk Reiser wrote:
>On another note, does most lynx development work out of cvs or is
>there a maintainer to merge patches in to the standard distribution?
>I have been wondering about setting up a cvs module for lynx for
>interested folks to work from on js development.
>
>I have a couple of people that have indicated interest in working on
>it.  I guess this is a request for anyone else interested to let me
>know.

Again, I'll be the first person to try this stuff out (when there's a
really usable version)..

But don't sites that use JavaScript *also* often use frames?  And the
JavaScript only deals with certain frames?

So it seems that ANOTHER stumbling block would be Lynx's "interesting"
support of frames.  (Basically, each frame is a separate web page, you do
NOT see them all together as intended by the designer.)

It _really_ seems to me that adding Javascript to a text-based browser would
basically need to start with a more full-featured text browser in the
first place.