Re: lynx-dev Q: lynx shopping?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Q: lynx shopping?
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:28:43 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Matt Ackeret wrote:

> An example I can think of is wellsfargo.com.  They only support IE (and
> MAYBE Netscape)..  But anyway, to use them with Lynx, I have to fake Mozilla.
> (I also have to manually refresh on the "looking up acct info" page)

I believe that this is probably a case where they are intentionally
trying to exclude lynx, since they have no assurance of the way the
SSL was compiled. I suspect that their terms of service may specify
usage of certain browsers, but I don't really know.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden