Re: lynx-dev Q[2]: lynx shopping?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Q[2]: lynx shopping?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:29:44 +0900 (JST)

> thank you very much for the interesting discussion about
> different e-shop sites. :-)
> But actually I may have to rewrite my question. I am looking

Lynx-dev tends to be that way.  We're a feisty crowd! :)

> for an e-shop (source) that has the graphical part separated
> (so that one can remove it completely) and which is definitely
> lynx prooved. I even don't care about the httpd to be used.
> Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Uhh, there's zillions out there.  You could buy Windoz even:
       Link: Shop Microsoft

You're not going to find many sites that don't have graphics, sound and
all the gimmicks. I mean going to the local grocery store can feel like
1000V electroshock sometimes.  That's just why Lynx is so good, it filters
all that crud out. But in this age of 2GHz+ cpu's, 1GB+ main memory, 40GB+
hdd, etc., it's possible to get by with IE and friends.

Rather than ask which e-shops a Lynx user can get around at, give us a
few examples of sites where you are denied access because you are a Lynx
user.  Then I think you'll get some answers!  (Remember, Lynx doesn't
support JS (yet); you'll have to do that part manually.)

__Henry