Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:03:10 -0600

        I have now installed lynx2-8-5 on a Linux system and
added the -g flag to the Makefile so I have been tracing access
to a web site to try to figure out what happens.  I certainly
have a lot of observation to do before I can understand how lynx
presently works, but I am concentrating more on some things than
others.  Right now, I am interested most inwhat all can be done
with links as that is the first show-stopper on the javascript
sites.  I am sure there will be plenty more, but if I can make
lynx read the relative links, this will be progress.

        To be honest, I am not sure yet I fully understand a
relative link except that it is not a full or absolute link such
as http://www.somedomain.net.  The trick will be in putting the
pieces together to make a usable link.

Martin