Re: lynx-dev Overriding mime types

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Overriding mime types
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:54:11 -0800

On or about 22 Mar, 2002, Thomas Dickey
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 02:39:23PM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:

   [...]

> > How do you override mime types?
>
> not having been down that way, I spent a few minutes and grep'd through
> the source - from src/HTInit.c where most of the MIME stuff is mapped,
> I see a pointer to something called "personal_extension_map", which
> is read from lynx.cfg:

But I *think* the server-supplied content type overides the
suffix mappings, right?  I was trying to get lynx to treat XML as
HTML, and as far as I can recall it always forced the
download/cancel choice.  Saving the file and opening it "locally"
produced a usable page (again, subject to the vagaries of
memory).

Is respecting the server's content type header a MUST in some
RFC, or is the client allowed to make it's own decision?

--
Michael Warner       | Procrastinate now.
<address@hidden> |