Re: lynx-dev making lynx traversal crawl download html, not text

From: Bob
Subject: Re: lynx-dev making lynx traversal crawl download html, not text
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:20:59 -0500

clemensF wrote:

> > Bob:
>
> > Either -dump or -source restrict the download to one file
> > only, correct?
> > I was hoping to iterate the crawl with downloading in
> > html format.
>
> would curl http://curl.haxx.se/ do the job?  it handles cookies, even SSL.
>
> clemens fischer

"HttpScripting" sounds hopeful. If I had some macro builtin
that would if grep "Continue to message" then download the
samr URL again, that would download every fourth yahoo
message which has pesky ad graphic pages on the first
request for the URL.                                           -Bob

3.3. Why doesn't my posting using -F work?

                You can't simply use -F or -d at your choice. The web server
that will
                receive your post assumes one of the formats. If the form
you're trying to
                "fake" sets the type to 'multipart/form-data', then and only
then you must
                use the -F type. In all the most common cases, you should use
-d which then
                causes a posting with the type
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'.

                This is described in some detail in the MANUAL and
TheArtOfHttpScripting
                documents