Re: lynx-dev How to develop lynx in VC++6.0

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to develop lynx in VC++6.0
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:45:08 +0000 (GMT)

> >successfully. The current error information is "Can not open include file
> >'unistd.h'" and I could not find this file in the entire package.

unistd.h is a standard C library file.  It's part of the 1988 POSIX
standard so should be provided by any compiler that claims to produce
POSIX compatible code.  I wonder if you have tried to build a Windows
GUI application?  Lynx on NT (I don't think you actually said what
OS) is going to either be a Windows Console application or a Windows
POSIX application.

I don't actually have experience of building Lynx with Microsoft tools,
so I can't be sure that there is not something more seriously wrong
with the distribution, and I don't know whether it should be built
console mode or POSIX, although, I presume the CYGWIN build is POSIX.