Re: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:24:35 -0500

At 09:39 PM 2002-03-30 , you wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Al Gilman wrote:
>
>> At 11:24 PM 2002-03-29 , you wrote:
>> >a version 2.8 binary for Windows. If he needs a Windows binary with
>> >SSL, he may be better off with the native Windows build, since he
>> >won't have to install Cygwin first. The 2.8.4rel.1 version compiled by
>> >Thorsten Glaser with Borland C++ is available at:
>> >"<http://mitglied.lycos.de/mirabilos/pub/lynxw32.lzh>http://mitglied.lycos
>> .de/mirabilos/pub/lynxw32.lzh"
>>
>> Thanks.  I was just quoting the latest place I could find where you pointed
>> an SSL enabled binary.
>
>I got private email from Thorsten Glaser, who doesn't appear to be
>subscribed to the list. He is looking for someone to mirror the
>binary, since his site may not be reliable. I don't have room. If
>anyone is interested, he can be contacted at "address@hidden".
>                             Doug

I downloaded this, unpacked it, and tried using the binary.  I have experienced
problems -- I think it is screen refreshes not happening.  This is in Win98 SE.
 At first I though it was not responding to the arrow keys, but then I realized
that portions of the display were changing even if not what I expected to
change -- such as the link highlight.  But tabbing to the next link works fine
even 'though when down-arrow doesn't.   HP Omnibook 900 hardware.

And I also did encounter difficulty reaching the lycos site when I went back to
look around for more documentation.

This could all just be a sign how terminally broken my instance of Win98 is,
however.

FWIW

Al