Re: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 19:57:09 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Al Gilman wrote:

> At 09:39 PM 2002-03-30 , you wrote:
> >I got private email from Thorsten Glaser, who doesn't appear to be
> >subscribed to the list. He is looking for someone to mirror the
> >binary, since his site may not be reliable. I don't have room. If
> >anyone is interested, he can be contacted at "address@hidden".
> >                             Doug
>
> I downloaded this, unpacked it, and tried using the binary. I have
> experienced problems -- I think it is screen refreshes not happening.
> This is in Win98 SE. At first I though it was not responding to the
> arrow keys, but then I realized that portions of the display were
> changing even if not what I expected to change -- such as the link
> highlight. But tabbing to the next link works fine even 'though when
> down-arrow doesn't. HP Omnibook 900 hardware.
>
> And I also did encounter difficulty reaching the lycos site when I
> went back to look around for more documentation.

I generally use a Cygwin lynx with openssl that I compile myself. I
did try Thorsten's binary and it seemed to work without trouble on my
Win98SE machine, but I didn't test it extensively. I don't remember
if I used arrow keys - I usually use the VI keys. It is compiled with
PDCurses, modified by Thorsten. I don't know what changes from the
standard Borland build of PDCurses were required.

I don't think that there is any more documentation.
                     Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden