Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:20:22 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Fiber McGee wrote:

> At 06:36 PM 4/1/2002, you wrote:
>
> >>We seem to have had a lot of questions forwarded (rather than moderated)
> >>onto the list, without comment, which suggests there is a documentation
> >>problem causing enquiries to go to a completely inappropriate person.
>
> I'm just a mostly inappropriate person.  Seriously now, as long as there
> are new Lynx users, there are going to be new user-type questions.  Rather
> than discourage these people, I let them through.  If there's a consensus
> that the noise level is too high, then more counseling for newbie posters
> can be done.

I thought that the list was supposed to be open to all. Non-subscriber
posts get screened to keep out spam. I don't think anyone should be
deciding the merits of posts requesting help before they are forwarded
to the list. The list administrators seem to be doing an admirable job
of keeping out spam and letting in questions. Thanks for your efforts.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden