lynx-dev more on Fiber McGee's forwarding

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev more on Fiber McGee's forwarding
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:32:46 +0900 (JST)

Don't get me wrong; even if nothing changes I still very much appreciate the
service sig.net and the people behind the scenes are doing.  Nevertheless,
if there is an easy way to make things better, then it's worth mentioning.

First, is it possible to NOT quote with a ">" at the beginning of each
line?  Having every line begin with ">" makes it particularly difficult to
determine what the originator of the forwarded message said and what he
quoted.

Also, I agree with David that it would be better if the message were
simply re-routed in the raw, so that at least the From: header remains
that of the original poster.

To give an example the, following:
    From: Fiber McGee <address@hidden>
    Subject: Re: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules

    Forwarded message from Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden>:

    >begin  electrogrammati illius Hataguchi Takeshi
    >
    > >On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Fiber McGee wrote:
    > >
    > >> Forwarded message from [Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden>:
    > >[snip]
    [...]
    > >    http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/Lynx285dev7test.tar.gz
    >
    >It does even fix the keyboard issue under Win2k, and has no seen

would look something like:
    From: Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden>

    electrogrammati illius Hataguchi Takeshi

    >On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
    >
    > > All I need now is finding THAT in the binary *g*
    >    http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/Lynx285dev7test.tar.gz

    It does even fix the keyboard issue under Win2k, and has no seen

Apologies to T. Hataguchi and T. Glaser for using their posts as an example.

__Henry