Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to Lynx
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:16:25 -0600

At 04:26 PM 4/2/2002, you wrote:

Yes.  I have to go rather out of my way to do otherwise, which is
why reply-to: list is incompatible with un-subscribed posting**.

Lynx-dev handles this by inviting all non-subscribers, or subscribers with other addresses from which they may post, to sub-scribe to:

address@hidden

It's a mail list that accepts and transmits no messages. The "lynx-dev" list will allow a message from an address that is not sub-scribed to Lynx-Dev but is sub-scribed to Lynx-Dev-Contrib to be posted without approval (as long as it contains no administrative keywords, is smaller than the maximum message size for the list, and doesn't have a mail header line that exceeds a certain size.) As for the Majordomo 101 in your message, we poor simple moderators are now re-sending the messages with all the headers intact. I personally would value direct inquiry into the poster's environment over what's in the message headers, but if reading those tea leaves makes you happy, you've got 'em.