Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>>and it worked as easy as that!
>
>And I wrote a little AppleScript applet to bridge Apple events to the
>shell, so that I could make Lynx my default browser on OS X. :-D

So how exactly does this work?

Does it start up a new Terminal window with the lynx process and the URL?

While I don't actually just go to URLs often from some other electronic
media (i.e. I usually copy/paste the URL manually into a new browser window),
this sounds neat.   (Sometimes I'll have pine launch links for me..)

>-boo
>  still tweaking the script before public release

well, I hope you announce it.

btw, it's strange people are talkin about problems compiling on X.  It's been
compiled here for quite a while.  Wow.,. the lynx 2.7 binary has an Oct 27,
1997 timestamp.  Though I wasn't the one who compiled it, maybe the guy who did
did have a bunch of problems.