Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:48:51 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Walter Ian Kaye said:

> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:34:49 -0700
>
> At 12:58a -0600 04/09/2002, address@hidden didst inscribe upon
> an electronic papyrus:
>
> >and it worked as easy as that!

I spoke too soon.  There's a temp filename conflict.  I tried downloading a
couple files of about 1Mb each.  The first had no problems.  A few seconds
before retrieval of the second completed, I saw:

    localhost% ls -alrt /tmp/000513
    total 3600
    -rw-------  1 paulgilm  wheel  858587 Apr  9 15:19 000513.zip
    drwxrwxrwt  8 root      wheel     228 Apr  9 15:22 ..
    drwx------  4 paulgilm  wheel      92 Apr  9 15:27 .
    -rw-------  1 paulgilm  wheel  962560 Apr  9 15:30 000513.html
    localhost%

Apparently it's staging the downloaded file in "000513.html".
Then once the "Download Options (Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.7)" page appears,
I see:

    localhost% ls -alrt /tmp/000513
    total 1688
    -rw-------  1 paulgilm  wheel  858587 Apr  9 15:19 000513.zip
    drwxrwxrwt  8 root      wheel     228 Apr  9 15:22 ..
    -rw-------  1 paulgilm  wheel    1116 Apr  9 15:31 000513.html
    drwx------  4 paulgilm  wheel      92 Apr  9 15:31 .
    localhost%

Now 000513.html contains the HTML source of the Download Options page.
I believe this sort of thing has been discussed here before.  Where do
I look to fix it?

Thanks,
gil
--