Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:39:12 -0700

At 11:57a -0700 04/09/2002, Matt Ackeret didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
 >And I wrote a little AppleScript applet to bridge Apple events to the
 >shell, so that I could make Lynx my default browser on OS X. :-D

So how exactly does this work?

Does it start up a new Terminal window with the lynx process and the URL?

You are correct, sir; that is precisely what it does. :-)

Right now I have rows and columns as script properties; I'm thinking of maybe having a preferences file to store such settings, and trying to decide what to set for the window title (maybe "lynx" plus cols x rows?).

While I don't actually just go to URLs often from some other electronic
media (i.e. I usually copy/paste the URL manually into a new browser window),
this sounds neat.

That's what I usually do too, for non-OSX systems (cuz I'm usually wanting to visit the site in Lynx). My sister doesn't understand why it makes me happy to have Lynx as my default Mac browser, hehehehe.

 >-boo
 >  still tweaking the script before public release

well, I hope you announce it.

I sure will!

-Walter