lynx-dev success story: communicating using https with proxy - only lynx

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev success story: communicating using https with proxy - only lynx supports it
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:32:00 +0500 (SAMST)

 Hi,

 Yesterday I researched possibility to communicate using https with proxy. It
turned out that lynx was the only browser that allowed communicating using
https with proxy - I failed to make other browsers I tried (I evaluated MSIE
5.5, Mozilla, w3m, links) communicate using https with proxy (though all of
them support https per se).

 Just curious - anybody knows why all other browsers suck that much in this
respect?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad