Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:54:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Henry Nelson wrote:
>More directly, why would someone want to mail from Lynx with Pine (or
>Mutt or Elm)?  Why not just mail with Pine straight off?

Even though I don't think I'm going to use this functionality (because
I'd have to reenter my account name/password into pine), in a perfect world
I would want ALL mail that I send from UNIX tools (e.g. replying in trn,
mailto: links on the web, etc..) to go through pine, simply so they're all
saved in my sent-mail folder on my IMAP account.

but in reality this is a pain because I have to reenter my acct name/password
in pine (at least in my idea of how it would work)..  if only these
things could talk to programs in other sessions of 'screen'...

I know I went on about this a while ago.