lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:44:09 -0400

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:57:15PM -0400, TSAO,YU-KANG (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
> Hi Jim:
> Sorry that I get back to you late.  I can not ping   lynx.browser.org
> I got this
> C:\>ping lynx.browser.org
> Pinging lynx.browser.org [195.40.122.44] with 32 bytes of data:
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Ping statistics for 195.40.122.44:
>     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
> Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
>     Minimum = 0ms, Maximum =  0ms, Average =  0ms
>
> C:\>
>
> So what other aspect that should I look into to make lynx work on my
> notebook ?  Thank you very much.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Yu-Kang Tsao
> (631) T-753-3342
[ other stuff about lynx on local machine snipped ]

Hmm.  I can ping lynx.browser.org from my laptop, so I know it's still
running.  Can you reach any external site?  How about any internal
sites besides your notebook?

It's odd your ping program can resolve the address for lynx.browser.org
but then not reach it.  Maybe a firewall issue?

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
The dew has clearly fallen with a particularly sickening thud
this morning.