Re: lynx-dev RE: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev RE: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:36:21 -0400

At 09:21 AM 2002-04-16 , you wrote:

>Hi Jim:
>
>Thank you very much for your help.  We do have a proxy server and is there a
>way that I can configure lynx to let it know about the proxy server that we
>use so that it can work within our environment ?  Thank you.

This can be set up in the lynx.cfg file.

Read about it at

http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx.cfg

String-search with '/' for

.h1 Proxy

and read that section.

Al

PS:

To set environment variables for Win32 Lynx one puts DOS commands in the
lynx.bat file that launches the executable.  Look in /samples directory in the
Win32 distribution.