Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Osvaldo La Rosa wrote:
>I'm blind and a Lynx-Fan; but I'm still waiting for a
>Javascript-compatible version.

I think you'll be waiting a long time.

However, very recently, on the mailing list for the links browser, one of
the developers mentioned they were working on JavaScript for that.
(Or possibly it was the offshoot "elinks").

Check out links.browser.org for more info

>I totally ignore which developments are currently made in it but I think
>if we can't have SOON a browser that can handle Javascript-like sites
>and Javascript-like devices (external routers or Modem-pppoe-dhcp units,
>see Eicon of Dlink...) then I think Lynx will become obsolete.

But you could say the same thing because lynx doesn't support images, or
tables (well) or frames (well)...

Lynx is great for QUICK usage of some pages, e.g. searching on imdb.com
is what I use it for most..