Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:55:56 +0900 (JST)

> When I reach a link that is relative and broken as far as lynx is
> concerned, lynx sends a get command that is corrupted by some of
> the html that was in that link.  I was expecting to see either
> nothing much or a path that doesn't work in relation to the
> current root directory.
>
>       What I see, however, is not a path anymore, but part of a
> path plus some garbage.  What is amazing is that lynx and the
> Lotus server still keep trying to communicate.

Pretty neat research results.  It's strange that Lynx would send "garbage."
Can you give a concrete example of some garbage?  Also, could you clarify
what "some of the html that was in that link" means?

Just curious, but do the results differ if you compile with or without
"--enable-internal-links"?  (If interested, see the "1997-11-03" entry
by KW in CHANGES2.8.)

Is it possible that some of the security stuff is getting in your way?
I'm probably way off base here, but if nothing else, the following is
always interesting reading for me:
        http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1198/msg00529.html

Klaus, any time at all to work on Lynx?  (Sure wish I did.)  Any hints
from this result that you might be able to share with us?

__Henry