Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser

From: vtailor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev alarm: Lynx will be soon an old unusable browser
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:25:14 -0400

>     * From: Matt Ackeret <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
>On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Martin McCormick wrote:
>>       I am one of the lynx users who would love to see lynx
>>work on sites using relative links and, of course, javascript.
>
>As I stated recently, the developers of "links" (links.browser.org) have
>said they're working on Javascript support.
>
>I'll use it when I see it, but it's a good sign.

Actually, windows comes with some command-line interpreters, such as cscript,
which might be useful, if there are Linux interpreters of the same kind.
I mean, if doing java and javascript adds complication, is it possible to
pass the complication to a "helper app"?

C:\WINDOWS>cscript /?
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Usage: CScript scriptname.extension [option...] [arguments...]

 //B         Batch mode: Suppresses script errors and prompts from displaying
 //D         Enable Active Debugging
 //E:engine  Use engine for executing script
 //H:CScript Changes the default script host to CScript.exe
 //H:WScript Changes the default script host to WScript.exe (default)
 //I         Interactive mode (default, opposite of //B)
 //Job:xxxx  Execute a WSF job
 //Logo      Display logo (default)
 //Nologo    Prevent logo display: No banner will be shown at execution time
 //S         Save current command line options for this user
 //T:nn      Time out in seconds:  Maximum time a script is permitted to run
 //X         Execute script in debugger