[no subject]

From: owner-lynx-dev
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:09:11 +0000

helo=tesco.net)
        by scanner.tesco.net with esmtp (Exim 2.05 #1)
        id 174nfE-0007mY-00
        for address@hidden; Mon, 6 May 2002 19:56:48 +0100
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:31:39 +0100
From: Peter Norrington <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly
Sender: address@hidden

Dear Lynx,

I am testing a site to bring it up to WAI-WCAG AAA standard. I am
experiencing a
problem and am unsure whether it is a hosting or a browser issue.

I use Lynx 2.8.3rel.1 on Win95.

Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind - www.srsb.org.uk

What I did....

1) Enter the url www.srsb.org.uk (with or without a terminal /)
2) Select a link in the navigation menu to another page in the site, say
Contacts at the relative address of contacts.html .
3) Lynx's title bar displays the link as
www.srsb.org.uk/EASYNET/s/r/s/contacts.html
4) Activate the link.
5) Returns an Error 404 (Page Not Found) message.

EASYNET is our host.

However, entering the site with a full page url of
www.srsb.org.uk/index.html
does not produce any errors and all pages display exactly as they should.

I would prefer not to have to replace all the relative links with absolute
links, if possible.

If you are able to throw any light on this, I would be grateful.
Equally I hope
this information is of use to you.

Regards,

Peter Norrington