lynx-dev Re: your mail

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: your mail
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:47:52 -0400

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 07:09:11PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> helo=tesco.net)
>       by scanner.tesco.net with esmtp (Exim 2.05 #1)
>       id 174nfE-0007mY-00
>       for address@hidden; Mon, 6 May 2002 19:56:48 +0100
> Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:31:39 +0100
> From: Peter Norrington <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> Dear Lynx,
>
> I am testing a site to bring it up to WAI-WCAG AAA standard. I am
> experiencing a
> problem and am unsure whether it is a hosting or a browser issue.
>
> I use Lynx 2.8.3rel.1 on Win95.
>
> Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind - www.srsb.org.uk
>
> What I did....
>
> 1) Enter the url www.srsb.org.uk (with or without a terminal /)
> 2) Select a link in the navigation menu to another page in the site, say
> Contacts at the relative address of contacts.html .
> 3) Lynx's title bar displays the link as
> www.srsb.org.uk/EASYNET/s/r/s/contacts.html
> 4) Activate the link.
> 5) Returns an Error 404 (Page Not Found) message.
>
> EASYNET is our host.

I'm not sure - but looking at the trace, it appears that lynx is seeing
EASYNET1 in the "Content-location", and using that information to modify
the GET.  This still has the same behavior in 2.8.5dev.7, and comparing
against the usual selection of other browsers appears to be a bug in lynx.
(See changes from 01-07-97 by FM).

Here's the section of trace I'm looking at:

HTMIME:  Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0