lynx-dev handling broken content-type specification in meta desired

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev handling broken content-type specification in meta desired
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:01:12 +0500 (SAMST)

 Hello,

 I've just came to a broken html file that was shipped with one M$ product
as documentation. It's broken in this way - it declares its content-type via
meta as "text-html" (not as "text/html"), exactly this way:

 This makes lynx ignoring charset definition, thus making the document
unreadable if assumed document charset is not "compatible" with display
document charset.

 I've tried other browsers - links, IE, Mozilla - all of them succeed in
extracting charset from the broken META. w3m doesn't support the
'windows-1251' charset, but lists "Document Type    text/html" on its '='-page
too. It seems only lynx is that picular.

 That would be trivial to fix IMO.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad