Re: lynx-dev Where do I go for basic help using lynx on my linux box?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Where do I go for basic help using lynx on my linux box?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:58:58 -0400

At 12:21 PM 2002-05-09, david feldman wrote:
>I am trying to configure:
>
>     Lynx Version 2.8.4dev.7 (03 Aug 2000)
>     Built on linux-gnu Aug  4 2000 05:38:40
>
>so I can access several of my favorite web sites in
>a character mode (and capture output text.)
>
>I realize this is the development list-server so
>I am sorry to post here but I'm not sure where to
>turn otherwise.
>
>If someone could point me in the correct direction
>for where configuration help could be found I would
>be most grateful

The generic starting point is hit 'h' for h)elp.

Note the link below into the help in the distribution-site breakout.

 http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

>(basically I'm trying to get lynx
>to enable cookies, store them in a known place, and
>so on; I can't get lynx to acknowledge or process my
>own very small lynx configuration file...)

To get Lynx to find your lynx.cfg you may use an environment variable or a
command line parameter.  See

 http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html#lynx.cfg

for details.

For the rest, read the comments inline in the lynx.cfg file in the
distribution, for example:

 http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx.cfg

Good luck, and let us know where you get stuck next, or of you are off and
running.

Al